Wednesday, April 5, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - D is for Dogs

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter D

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

From pampered pets to skinny mongrels we see many pooches as we travel. Please meet some of the canines who have posed for me.

This hound ruled the roost at Hotel Villa Pitiana in Italy

Met this pooch while doordling around Lucca, Italy

An Italian with attitude

One of the many dogs we passed in Comogli, Italy

A truffle hunter in Italy didn't make much time finding what he was seeking

Curled up and comfortable in Istanbul, Turkey

Sunbaking in Teahupoo, Tahiti

Asleep on the sand in Bora Bora, French Polynesia

A boy and his dog in a village near Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Hitching a ride in Verona, Italy

Wandering among the ruins in Herakleia, Turkey

Trying to run in the Orkney Islands

Two chaps enjoying a visit to Culloden in Scotland

Searching for St Francis in Assisi, Italy

Mournful eyes In Lucca, Italy

Walking by the lake in Lago D'orta, Italy

Resting in Trento, Italy

Checking out the visitors in Split, Croatia

Roaming in the clover in Split, Croatia

Supervising the villagers in Herakleia, Turkey

Blocking the path in Ephesus, Turkey


And, if that's not enough, here is an earlier canine post of mine.


11 comments:

  1. Jill I love taking photos of dogs when I travel too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of dogs! I took several dog photos when we lived in Ecuador but that's the only time I remember doing that.

    My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't worry so much about invading canine privacy as I do when snapping humans.

      Delete
  3. Excellent dog photos. I am always fascinated by dogs in countries without leash laws that seem to be leading lives of their own independent of human family members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must stay I don't get too close in countries where there isn't widespread vaccination for dogs.

      Delete
  4. Great gallery. I think the truffle hunter was hoping for a job change - perhaps riding somewhere in a backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful woofers all. I especially like Verona and Alotau. No surprise I’m more likely to photograph cats.

    Pauleen
    Https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an impressive collection of feline photos too but I'm definitely a dog girl.

      Delete
  6. You must have a very approachable, friendly face for the dogs to be happy to pose for you- my favourite the two,little Westies. Over time we had three adorable cocker spaniels who were happy to pose,but one had the habit of coming right up to the camera lens just when you planned clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, Some of the free roaming dogs are very lethargic so easy to snap.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...