Monday, April 3, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - B is for Bridges

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter B

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

As we have motored along the highways and byways of the world we have crossed or passed many bridges. Some of these cross famous waterways and others dry rivers. 

I will share  20 Something Snaps of Bridges below. On reviewing my photos I was surprised that I couldn't find any bridge photos for some of the places we visited.

Rail and road bridges, Hunter Valley, NSW

Pyrmont Bridge, Darling Harbour, NSW

Impressive crest on railway bridge in London, England

Railway Bridge, London, UK

Bridge over the River Liffey, Dublin, Ireland

We drove over this bridge on the Thames a few times. We weren't lost!! -Henley on Thames, England

Bridge over the Bosphorus, Istanbul, Turkey

The birds were busy in Teahupoo, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Narrow bridge for sugar cane train, Fiji

Pedestrian Bridge, Norfolk Island, Australia

Pedestrian Bridge, Lake Molveno, Italy

Historic Bridge, Verona, Italy

Modern Bridge, Tokyo Bay, Japan

Pedestrian Bridge separates the swimming pools, Intercontinental Hotel, Tahiti

Near Nadi in Fiji we crossed this ricketty bridge in a large tour bus. There were a few nervous passnegers. 

One of several bridges over the Tiber in Rome

We rode under this bridge in a boat - DisneySea Park, Tokyo Japan

Bridge in sub-tropical gardens, Abbotsbury, England

Multiple bridges in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Stone Bridge, Ardara, Ireland

Is it a bridge or causeway? Orkney Islands

Bridge to Angelsey, Wales

Rome, Italy

On the Ponte Vecchio in Venice Italy on a wet foggy day

10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of travel in a short time. I'm currently in Europe on a short vacation. Love travel photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Heather, we love travel and were away from home for about 20 2eeks in total. We love europe theree is so much that keeps drawing us back

      Delete
  2. Thanks Donna, we intend to keep travelling while our health holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Fiji bridge looks like a nail-biter! I have a friend who always photographs bridges on her travels, and you'd be right up there with her in a competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, every time we cross a dodgy bridge I recall bridge disasters I have read about.

      Delete
  4. Bridges are so photogenic and you have given us a great selection. Here in the Scottish Borders, with so many rivers, we have some lovely scenic bridges - a favourite for my camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few snaps of bridges in your area but sadly we didn't drop into the Borders last year.

      Delete
  5. Sorry - keep forgetting to give my name first. Susan

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...