Friday, April 21, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - R is for Reflections

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter R

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

While this blogging challenge has given me an opportunity to reflect on my year of travel it has also highlighted several reflective images I have captured. To be effective these images need a fairly flat body of water or some other reflective surface. 

The first four images in this post are from Villa Adriana, a World Heritage site,  near Tivoli in Italy. 





The next four images are from our cruise in the Kimberley Region in North Western Australia

Red Cone Creek

Sunrise - I don't often see one!

Prince Regent River

Prince Regent River

Following are a few random shots.

Arthur McElhone Reserve, Elizabeth Bay, NSW

Separating tables in this Chinese Restaurant in Narrabri, NSW are mirrors

Dam in the Pilliga Region, NSW

This door photo in Sydney captured a view of King Street

Colourful boat - Ullapool, Orkney Islands

Lake George - on the road to Canberra, ACT

A mirror in the foyer of our hotel in Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy

Across the water from our hotel in Lake Maggiore, Italy

I see the moon from our hotel in Lake Maggiore

En route to Lake Como,  Italy

A creek near Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Riverboat, DisneySea, Tokyo

River Arno from the Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Streetscape Shibuya, Japan

Not a lot of reflection here but it was good to see the sun shining on George Clooney's house on Lake Como, Italy

16 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your posts through Feedly. You've certainly been out and about, lots of lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmel, we made the most of our Post-Covid trips. More on the horizon.

      Delete
  2. Jill I love your reflection photos, especially the mirror dividers in the restaurant. Not sure though, that I'd want to sit there looking at myself during the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer - we only had eyes for each other!!!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely collection of photos and curated so well for this topic Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous collection of reflection photos. I find they add so much dimension to travel pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll never make it to all these places (looking forward to Spain, Italy, Greece & Portugal), so thank you for sharing your wonderful photos.

    My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gratifying to check my blog in the morning and see the comments that have come in over night. Thanks to Donna, Molly and Shalzmojo from over the seas for saying G'day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! I'm quite mesmerized by reflection images, and you've got some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Deborah, it was make a selection and not focus on the pretty.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic weather for some of those reflection shots especially with water. LOL Re your reply to Jennifer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fishing boats too …always make me happy. The Roman ruins may be ancient but you can sense the prehistory in the rocks of the Regent River.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Loved the fishing boats because of your affinity with things Scottish

      Delete
  10. I’m sure you enjoyed your reflections on this post. Great travels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots. So wonderful to have those experiences preserved.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...