Tuesday, April 4, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - C is for Cocktails

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter C

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

While I never drink expensive cocktails at home I make it my business to try a few when travelling. We may indulge when there is an offer of half-price drinks during a happy hour. When Cruising on Regent, where the cocktails are included in the fare, I enjoy one some evenings. I've sampled a few but haven't yet been brave enough to try a Long Island Iced Tea which is reputed to be rather potent.

I can't remember the names of some of these tipples pictured below that I've tried in the last twelve months!

I enjoyed this one recommended by another passenger 

An after dinner Espresso Martini

Harvey Wallbanger, a favourite from the 70s

The waiter had a tray of these champagne based cocktails so I tried one

Same story as with the previous image

Yet another offering from a tray bearing waiter

I think I liked this one

My strawberry daquiri was too icy

Happy Hour cocktails in Tahiti had tropical names

Cocktail of the day at our ski resort in Japan

The coffee beans indicate that this is an Espresso Martini

Happy Hour Strawberry Daquiri on Kimberley cruise was rather good

10 comments:

  1. Even without being named, these cocktails look yummy. I'd certainly put my had out if the waiter passed by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you're way more adventurous than I am with new drinks. We had the drink package on a recent cruise (came as part of the deal we got) and I tried a couple. Long Island Iced Tea is hubby's favorite, and it really does taste like iced tea.

    My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna - I wouldn't be so adventurous if I had to fork out extra to try them.

      Delete
  3. A great variety of delicious drinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Jill. I don’t need their names to know they would be very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Jill that anonymous comment was mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only I could remember Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a recipe for Espresso Martini. Only had them a couple of times though. We used to make peach daiquiris in Port Moresby for Xmas. Back in the day I was a fan of Brandy Alexanders. While I rarely have cocktails, a crisp mojito goes down well.

    Pauleen
    https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At home I have to make up for my excesses when travelling so I verge on abstemious.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...