Friday, April 7, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - F is for Funny

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter F

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

I find my funny bone being regularly tickled as I travel the world. Today I am sharing a few of of those moments.

Sign at a golf club in outback NSW. What does that say about the males of Bellata?

Group of young people in Sydney trying to emulate the facial expressions on the mural behind them

Outside a bar on London

Outside a pizza shop in London

I love the clever names given to businesses. This barbershop can be found in London

A toilet in Beaumaris, Wales

Sign on the paper towel dispenser in Tomamu, Japan. With my lack of foreign language skills I shouldn't be laughing at this.

Warning on a girl's snowboard in Tomamu, Japan. She had just fallen off.

I did a double take when I saw this at Sydney airport as Islay is known for single malt whiskeys
. Apparently some entrepreneurial soul is hoping to serve "the Gin and Tonic" set.

When out on tour in Papua New Guinea I looked down and saw that the two people beside me were wearing the same brand athletic shoes as me. We had a communal "singing the praises of Hoka shoes" and as a result an onlooker went back to the ship and ordered a pair online.

We were pleased to get a voucher for a free drink in our Bali Accommodation. We had no choice in what we would have - it was a serving of orange cordial in a teeny tiny glass - Barely a mouthful for Robert.

Can't remember where we picked up this fridge magnet up but someone thought it described me!

At a lunch the day after the night before at a wedding in Sydney.
 The beverage of choice for most of our family members was soft drink.

There were touches of humour in some of the displays in the Vivid Festival in Sydney. As the proud descendant of ten transported convicts I particularly enjoyed this one.

Italian humour
an
At a viewpoint along the road in Northern Italy. Some fellow travellers took advantage of the seat there. 

We didn't take the opportunity to purchase an ice-cream or cool drink at the Ice Village in Tomamu, Japan where all the furnishings were made of ice.

A touch of government humour in Cobh, Ireland

The Happy Haddock, a cleverly named business in the Orkney Islands

Dogs are well cared for at Cawdor Castle In Scotland

The people in Siena, Italy also treasure their canines.

Sweet seating in a cafe/bar in Florence, Italy.

Some of the fashions worn by young women at Tokyo Disney
 brought a smile to my face. I guess her feet were warm on the cold January day.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great Funny post, Jill. We had Japanese exchange students stay with us in the 90s. They all had shoes and short frilly socks like the young girls at Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and so many of them at Disney were carrying multiple fluffy animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are hilarious! I love misspelled signs, and you have some good ones here. Always great to have a laugh on vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't be serious all the time Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great eye, Jill, for the quirky, unusual and above all Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snaps of humour…intended or not. Small but fierce? how could that be true? I’d like to see that Ice Village but I’d be buying an ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love!!!

    My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...