Saturday, April 29, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - Y is for Yellow

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter Y

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

Whether it's by accident or design an image the includes a good dose of yellow gains a viewer's attention. I encountered plenty of yellow in my year of travel.

The civic fathers in Dublin don't want the citizens to miss the bus

A tourist stands out - Lake Maggiore - Italy

Fish factory workers stay behind the bollards - Pago Pago, Amereican Samoa

Floats on a fishing net - Pago Pago, American Samoa

Supermarket - Luganville, Vanuatu

Schoolboy performer - Papua New Guinea

Keeping us safe - this boat sailed up and around our ship all day - Cairns, Australia 

Vegemite front and centre when sharing some Aussie goodies with our shipmates
 on Seven Seas Explorer

Delicious dessert - Seven Seas Explorer

A distraction - Assisi, Italy

Keeping track of the school tour group - Verona, Italy

Pedestrian safety - Fiji

Worshipper - Fiji

One of many yellow buildings - Portmeiron, Wales

Street Art - Liverpool, UK

Cafe/Bar - Split, Croatia

Postbox - Fiscardo, Greece

Umbrellas on the beach - Rhodes, Greece

Ice cream stall - Kusadasi, Turkey

Hay Bales - Kamilaroi Highway, Australia

Safety First - London, England

A Bumbleance? - An ambulance for young patients in Dublin, Ireland

8 comments:

  1. Great yellow photos Jill. That delicious dessert on the cruise looks more than delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is such a happy colour, I only had a taste of the cake, it was Robert's.

      Delete
  2. Yellow certainly adds fun and vibrancy to an image. I’d be distracted by that yellow car myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a positive spin on yellow - do didn't post any jaundiced images.

      Delete
  3. I don't usually notice individual colors in my travels, so this post has inspired me to pay better attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking "Colour my world" would be a good AtoZ theme

      Delete
  4. Lovely pops of colour adding cheer

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an eagle eye on your travels for the different and the unusual- and yellow is such a happy colour. Thank you for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...