Wednesday, April 26, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - V is for Vistas

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter V
In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 
I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

Many of my photos are tagged as landscapes, coastlines, seascapes or skylines. I can lump most of these images into the category of Vistas, photos that may look down, up or along to show a comprehensive view of an area. I have enjoyed scrolling through my photos to find a selection of vistas we have enjoyed during our recent travels.

Warning - this post is image rich.

Along the Kamilaroi Highway, New South Wales

Jar Island, Kimberley Region, Australia

Cotton Farm near Wee Waa, New South Wales

Rainbow at the port- Belfast Northern Ireland

Colwyn Bay, Wales

Oil Rig, Scotland

Sydney Coastline from our accommodation - Coogee, New South Wales

Canola Crop, Illabo, New South Wales

Farming area, Northern Italy

The Dolomites, Italy

Clifftop houses - Santorini, Greece

Istanbul Turkey in the evening

DisneySea, Tokyo, Japan

Looking down from the chairlift - Tomamu, Japan

Hunter Valley Vineyard, Lovedale, New South Wales

Tuatira, Tahiti

From the ship in Bora Bora

Coastline near Pago Pago, American Samoa

Luganville, Vanautu

From our accommodation - Bali, Indonesia

Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Hills of slate, Wales

Across the firth near Ullapool, Scotland

Convict Settlement, Norfolk Island

Trees and vines, Italy

A Castle along the road - Northern Italy

Mitilini, Lesbos, Greece

Skyline - Jaffa, Israel

Jerusalem,Israel 

Alanya, Turkey

Accommodation - Tomamu, Japan

Stunning sea - Bora Bora

Sugar cane near Latouka, Fiji

Mitchell Falls, Kimberley Region, Australia

Aerial photo from helicopter flight - Kimberley Region, Australia

The Swannery, Abbotsbury, England

Rocky landscape - The Burren, Ireland

The Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

Coming in to land - Mitchell Falls, Kimberley Region, Australia


14 comments:

  1. Stunning is the word that comes to the mind while going through these pictures. The one of the cotton fields is amazing. Are those drums filled with cotton balls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your choice of title I.e. Vista . Beautiful views and a wonderful record of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of amazing vistas! Well done...

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of marvellous scenes. A great variety. I loved the textures of olive trees and vines in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it turned out ok being taken from our bus.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous vistas…such diversity. Lucky duck seeing Mitchell Falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long hot day and, in retrospect, a bit of an anti-climax. There was so much hype around the visit.

      Delete
  6. Stunning vistas Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’ve a great eye for a wonderful view

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful variations! I am especially drawn to your image of the cotton farm. The rural scene is a striking contrast to the waterfront and city scapes, and the immensity of those bales comes through quite clearly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...