Sunday, April 30, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - Z is for Zing

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter Z

In the past year since travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our travels. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

Z is always a challenge. I wanted to end the challenge on a positive note so I chose Zing for the energy and liveliness that people and organisations in various cities and towns add to their environments. These additions may be in the form of a lick of paint, flags, banners, flowers, bunting or public art.  Whatever form it takes I appreciate this Zing that brightens up our world.

Corrugated iron building at the airport in Broome, Australia

Mural on a building site in Sydney, Australia

Building Site in London, England

Shopfront in Ireland

Mural with live plants in London,England

Happy New Year in Tokyo, Japan

Mural in Tahiti

Seaside Building in Bora Bora

Hoarding in Sydney,Australia

Shopfront in Dublin, Ireland

Mural in Istanbul Turkey

Flags fluttering overhead in Istanbul, Turkey

You couldn't miss these stairs in Rhodes, Greece

On the Buses in Bora Bora

A facelift for the gaol walls in Broome, Australia

Houses for the rubbish in Portmeirion, Wales

Bright planter boxes in an otherwise dreary Kirkwall, Orkney Islands

Street Art in Lucca, Italy

Flowers on a windowsill make a difference in Alborabelo, Itlay

Not sure of their purpose but these mats brightened up a fence in Tokyo, Japan

Stairs opposite the port in Cobh, Ireland

Flowers tart up the Town Hall in Belfast, Ireland

I don't know what this is but the art certainly makes it stand out in Dublin, Ireland 

12 comments:

  1. Lots of cheery and zingy sights there, especially welcome in rather great places like Scotland or England. Ireland does coloured houses, flowers and art well. A great way to end a fun and enjoyable series, thanks Jill.

    Pauleen
    https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for journeying with me Pauleen. Your support is much appreciated.
      My blogging has been in the doldrums so the AtoZ challenge has given me a shove. I just need to get back to GeniAus.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on completing AtoZ 2023! Zing is the prefect word for today and your photos certainly capture the Zing of your many travel experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly. Will be be going to college with you in April 2024?

      Delete
  3. I put my congrats on your X post (oops). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Now following you on Twitter.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on completing the A to Z and sharing all your marvellous pictures.

    I am a great fan of flowers and I thought the pink mandevilla in Italy was particularly charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I am rather fond of a few blooms too.

      Delete
  5. I love street art Jill. This is a great ending to your fabulous AtoZ series. I’ve loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me on my travels Jennifer.

      Delete
  6. What a great way to end this year’s challenge . Scotland suffers so many grey days, I am all for bringing some “zing” into our lives. For me it is all about colour and I love to see the way flowers are used in town and village displays. Thank you for an illuminating and entertaining set of posts - I won’t forget in a hurray T for Toilets and X for Xenophilia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining my journey Susan, I enjoyed my reminiscences too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...