Wednesday, April 19, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - P is for Panorama

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter P

In the past year since  travel opened up for Australians Robert and I have taken several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I want to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provides me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

I plan to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023.  My theme this year is In Anno Itinerantur. 

I rarely use the panorama setting on my camera or phone but, every so often I remember it, I should use it more often. It's interesting that most of the panoramas I share below are watery scenes, I think Panorama works better for landscapes and streetscapes. 

I'll make an effort to do more on land and learn how to use the Panorama function properly in the future.

Harbour - Split, Croatia

Somewhere in the Kimberley Region from Coral Adventurer

Edeline Island in the Kimberley from Coral Adventurer

Lake George, NSW, from lookout

Cape Souinon, Greece

Harbour in Rhodes, Greece from Seven Seas Explorer

Suva, Fiji from Seven Seas Mariner

Blue Lagoon, Vanuatu - a peaceful place for a swim

View from top deck of Seven Seas Explorer while moored in Cairns Queensland

Island in the Coral Sea off Queensland from Seven Seas Explorer

Vineyards near Chianti, Italy

Tokyo Bay, Japan from our hotel room

Pago Pago, American Samoa

Harbour in Chania, Crete

Santorini, Greece

Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes, Greece

Herakleia, Turkey from the beach

Bodrum, Turkey from Seven Seas Explorer

Theatre at Aspdendos, Turkey

Results of a cooking class at Villa Pitiana in Italy

Philippi, Greece

At a truck stop on the road from Sondrio to Trento, Italy

View from Mount Kaputar, near Narrabri, Australia

7 comments:

  1. These are great. Hubby remembers to use the setting more than I do. I need to remember it while in Europe this fall.

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will when in Europe in summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. These panoramas are great! I discovered this function by accident at a night-time Chinese Lantern Festival -- enabling way more fantastic photos than the regular setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying I take snapshotes not photos - I need to work on the photos.

      Delete
  4. These are great. I remember using the panarama setting at the Grand Canyon. I'm fairly sure that's the only time I've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely panoramas Jill. I find it a painstaking effort and you have taken so many. Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jennifer and Shalzmojo for visiting and for the reading recommendations in your Challenge posts.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...