Saturday, April 20, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: R is for Religious Art

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums. 

My R phrase is Religious Art. I'm taking a broad brush to this topic and including Paintings, Calligraphy, Mosaics, Carvings, Friezes, Sculptures, Statues, Tapestries, Frescoes and any other media I find interesting. 

Shanghai, China

Vienna, Austria

Jersey, Channel Islands

Mumbai, India

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Antwerp, Belgium

St Isaacs Cathedral - St Petersburg, Russia

Kuching, Malaysia

Manila, Philippines

Mumbai, India

St Barbara's Cathedral - Kutna Hora, Czechia

Goa, India

Bucharest, Romania

Saint-Germaine-des-Pres, Paris, France

Hue, Vietnam

Penang, Malaysia

Sugimoto Shrine, Japan

St Stephen Walbrook - London, England

Colombo, Sri Lanka

This whole Church is a work of art
St Telio's Church - St Fagans Museum, Cardiff, Wales

Duomo - Florence, Italy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, frightening, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of this art is really lovely, Jill. The Vietnamese is a little terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave is the St Telio's Church - it took my breath away.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...