Saturday, April 6, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: F is for Fonts and Flowers

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places we visited there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums. 

Flowers can be found inside and outside Gods' Houses. Baptismal Fonts are found in many Christian Churches although some religions baptise adherents in pools or outside in rivers.

Spotland, Rochdale, England

Church ready for a Wedding - Jersey, Channel Islands

St Suzanne, France

St Barnabas Chapel - Norfolk Island, Australia

A very large font? - Yardenit Baptism Site, River Jordan, Israel.

Qaqortoq, Greenland

Church Garden - Trondheim, Norway

Orchids - Chang Mai, Thailand

Old St Pauls - Wellington, New Zealand

Broome, Western Australia

Kuranda, Australia

Font and Flowers, Christ Church - Port Sunlight, England

Kirkwall, Orkney Islands

Kirkwall, Orkney Islands

Tokyo, Japan

Eguisheim, France

Mumbai, India

A small church - Jersey, Channel Islands

Winchester Cathedral - Winchester, England

Phuket, Thailand

Phuket, Thailand


10 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law and my maternal grandmother both used to arrange flowers for their church and I have seen some magnificent arrangements in churches which always spark joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, flowers can help to heal the soul or evoke joy.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos here Jill. My favourite font is from Mumbai. I love the flowers outside the Jersey church. I have just begun research on my partner's family. One of his lines is from Jersey, so I'm looking forward to learning more about this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was drawn to the Channel Islands after reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

      Delete
  3. My husband was raised Baptist and in the church basement there is a place to hold enough water for immersion. When we lived in Mississippi some churches baptized in lakes. I was raised Congregational and we just used a font. My favorite among your photos is the huge shell one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so simple and natural although that church is in the hinterland quite away from the sea. I wonder if it came from the Great Barrier Reef off Cairns.

      Delete
  4. These fonts remind me of witnessing my dad's baptism when I was a teenager and he converted to Catholicism. I love the giant shell font!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...