Monday, April 8, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: G is for Gold

Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places we visited there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums. 

Ostentation is alive in Eastern and Western Religions. In countries where poverty is rife many of Gods' houses are liberally embellished with Gold (or Faux Gold).

Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok, Thailand

Winchester Cathedral - Winchester, England

Chartres Cathedral - Chartres, France

Mosque - Muscat, Oman

St Paul's Cathedral - London, England

Mumbai, India

Mumbai, India

Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey - Monserrat, Spain

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Thailand

Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral - St Petersburg, Russia

Christian Church - Chiang Mai, Thailand

Shanghai, China

Jasna Góra Monastery - Czestochowa, Poland

Golden Temple - Kyoto, Japan

Crakow, Poland



Cordoba, Spain

Phuket, Thailand

London, England

Oviedo, Spain

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Gold photos Jill. Each day I find myself wondering what your photos for the next letter will be. I’ve only been right a couple of times. I thought Gate for G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few options for G but I just had so much gold to share.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how much people spend in time and wealth on their houses of worship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I think Thailand has the most gold in their places of worship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one Thai temple that is in several of my posts - it was huge and so ornate.

      Delete
  4. Such intricate works in gold. I wonder who the craftspeople were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were they craftsman, religious or ordinary people doing extraordinary work?

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...