Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: God's Houses - C is for Candles and Crucifixes

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums.

Our C words are Candles which are used in a number of holy buildings and Crucifixes which are a Christian symbol.
 
In a Church - St Malo, France

In a Small Chapel - Arica, Chile

In the Catholic Church - Castletown Geoghegan, Ireland

In a Church - Suomenlinna, Finland

In a Church - Vienna, Austria

In a Church - Ibiza, Spain

In a Church - Malaga, Spain

In a Church - Corfu, Greece

In a Church - Fatima, Portugal

In a Church - Dubrovnik, Croatia

In a Church - Combloux, France

In a Temple - Shanghai, China

In a Church - Antwerp, Belgium

In a Church - Port Sunlight, England

In a Church - Saarema, Estonia

Atop a Church - Lourdes, France

At the Shrine - Lourdes, France

In the Church of Our Lady - Copenhagen, Denmark

In the Chapel of the Hospice de Beaune - France

In the Basilica di San Nicola - Bari, Italy

In the Pantheon - Rome, Italy

In a Temple - Chiang Mai, Thailand

In a Church - Mont St Michel, France

In a Church - Antwerp, Belgium

In Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Thailand

In the Church of the Nativity - Bethlehem, Palestine

Comments in a Church - London, England

In Chartres Cathedral - France

In one of our Ancestor's Churches, Christ Church - Shamley Green, England

Killarow Round Church - Bowmore, Islay, Scotland

Thailand

10 comments:

  1. There is something so beautiful about candles in a place of worship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Candles definitely create atmosphere. Thanks for sticking with me Pamela.

      Delete
  2. What fantastic pictures! It's fascinating to see how different countries and places of worship use candles and crucifixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Torie, Gods' houses give an insight to history and culture.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing the differences and similarities in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Jennifer. I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  4. I like candles in church and at home. The candles that were stuck in sand gave me an idea that I should do that with my candles at home to make sure I don't burn the house down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like the photo of the candles and stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Church was un a beautiful town called Sunlight beause it was built for the workers by the Lever Family , makers of Sunlight Soap.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...