Thursday, April 11, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: J is for Jesus and Joss Sticks

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places we visited there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums. 

For J I have chosen Jesus from Western Religions and Joss Sticks found in some Eastern Religions.

Manila, Philippines

St Germain-des-Pres - Paris, France

St Paul's Cathedral - London, England

Lucca, Italy

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Murmansk, Russia

Singapore

Maputo, Mozambique

Kotor, Montegro

Tivoli, Italy

St Isaac's Cathedral - St Petersburg, Russia

Michelangelo's Pieta - St Peters Basilica,Vatican City

Golden Temple - Kyoto, Japan

Kotor, Montenegro

Kuching, Malaysia

Recife, Brazil

8 comments:

  1. The Russian stained glass is beautiful Jill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture could have gone in G for Gold or E for Entrances etc. Perhaps there is a windows post on the horizon. So many choices

      Delete
  2. The photo from St Pauls Cathedral, England, worries me. What is the hand signal all about do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're observant, I hadn't noticed that. As it was on some sort of easel I gather it wasn't a permanent fixture. Now I'm curious.

      Delete
  3. Michelangelo's works always awe me. What an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he worked in different art forms is a trstament to his brilliance

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...