Friday, April 12, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: K is for Kneelers and Kneeling

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places we visited there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums.

Finding themes for this K post was as difficult for me as on the rare occasions I attend a service and find myself Kneeling on hard wooden Kneelers I have taken the liberty of adding images of people who don't kneel when paying reverence to their Gods. 

Christ Church Cathedral, Newcastle, NSW, Australia

The Western Wall - Jerusalem, Israel

Bucharest, Romania

Chaing Mai, Thailand

St. George's Memorial Church - Ypres, Belgium

Closeup of one kneeler
St. George's Memorial Church - Ypres, Belgium

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Thailand

Mumbai,Iindia

Phuket, Thailand

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Agra, India

Perhaps a few of these people were praying - Taj Mahal, Agra, India 

Schoolchildren - Thailand

Chartres Cathedral - Chartres, France

8 comments:

  1. My paternal grandmother was not particularly religious but she embroidered many kneelers for the chapel of my brother's school on Canberra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are still in use today. We had no such comfort in our school chapel.

      Delete
    2. It would be nice to think they were still in use. I must try and find out.

      Delete
  2. The only kneelers I have knelt on were bare wood. I couldn't do it now with these old knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, I do a sort of pseudo kneel with my rear planted firmly on the pew.

      Delete
  3. Lovely kneelers here Jill. I’m sorry to say that I’ve never had such comfort as a kneeler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are poignant photos of Ypres.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given that ANZAC Day is just around the corner the kneeler from Ypres was appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...