Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: N is for Naves

  Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums.

I think of Naves as the central aisles in a church. Wikipedia whose collective knows more than I do has a detailed entry for Nave. I've quite a collection of these images but will endeavour to share some in which camera-toting tourists are not visually polluting them.

Ancestors' Church - Shamley Green, England

Lucca, Italy

Lubeck, Germany

Kriastianopel, Sweden

A Family Wedding at St Mary's - Waverley, NSW, Australia

Athlone, Ireland

Mumbai, India

Qaqortoq, Greenlaand

ANZAC Memorial Chapel of St Paul - Duntroon, Australia

Longyearben, Svalbard, Norway

Lerwick, Shetland Islands

Visby, Sweden

Crakow, Poland

Cordon, France

Arica, Chile

A Church where ancestors worshipped - Muckalee, Ireland

Church of the Nativity - Bethlehem, Israel

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Lima, Peru

Tara Anglican School for Girls, Chapel - North Parramatta, Australia

4 comments:

  1. I had to smile when you mentioned camera toting tourists, because weren't you one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged although I don't have a big kit. Just a Galaxy Note Phone and a Lumix Point and Shoot.

      Delete
  2. Once again, I love your photos Jill. My favourite today would be Crakow, Poland. It's beautifully elaborate.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...