Tuesday, April 2, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: B is for Buddhas, Books and Bells

 Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums.

In today's posts I am focusing on Buddahs, Books and Bells, some of the features we might find in one of Gods' Houses.

Temple Bells - Bangkok, Thailand

Lectionary in Church - St Georges, Bermuda

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Thailand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_That_Doi_Suthep

Book,  Winchester Cathedral, - Winchester, England

Bell - Catholic Church,
Currie, King Island, Australia

Buddha -Vietnam

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Thailand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_That_Doi_Suthep

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Thailand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_That_Doi_Suthep

Bells on Church - La Palma, Canary Islands

Buddha, Wat Arun - Bangkok, Thailand

Bells on Church -  Corfu, Greece

Book in St Barnabas Chapel - Norfolk Island

Sakyamuni Buddha and his disciples - Bulguska, South Korea

Bells on Church - Mykonos, Greece

Book in Church - Saltaire, England

Books in Mosque - Muscat, Oman

Bell on Church - Ibiza, Spain

Register - Moravian Church, Fulneck, England

Bell in Temple - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Buddha in Temple - Thailand

Book in Church - Kirkwall, Orkney Islands

Buddha in Pagoda - Hue, Vietnam

Book in Church - Mykonos, Greece

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I just wish I had taken note of the names of some of these buildings. I'll do better on our next jaunt.

      Delete
  2. an eclectic collection which must bring back many memories of all your travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy diving into my photos for a dose of nostalgia

      Delete
  3. Great photos here Jill. We have an incredible Buddhist Temple here in Bendigo that features the largest Jade Buddha in the world. Worth a visit if you’re in this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to go south I have a few cemetery and archives I need to visit.

      Delete
  4. Brizzy Mays Books and BruschettaApril 2, 2024 at 10:51 PM

    I'm amazed by all your photos and your ability to categorise and file. Feel as if I'm travelling alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. I'm a big fan of bells -- love to hear them chiming to announce the time, a sound that somehow clears surrounding traffic and other urban noises here in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved our old school bell too. It was a treat to have a turn at bonging it to announce the next lesson.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing your photos! When we get to letter K, I'm posting about a Korean Friendship Bell in San Pedro, California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'll look out for your Californian bell.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...