Friday, April 5, 2024

A-Z Blogging Challenge 2024: E is for Entrances and Exits

Looking back through my travel photos I see that in many places we visited there was, on our agendas, an Abbey, Cathedral, Chapel, Church, Convent, Monastery, Mosque, Pagoda, Synagogue, Temple or other place of worship. As we travel along the road I often take snaps of God's houses we pass by. These buildings range from ordinary to ostentatious. 

For the Blogging from A to Z April 2024 Blogging Challenge my theme is Gods' Houses. During April I invite you to join me for an online tour of Gods' Houses from my digital albums. 

Whenever I am travelling I take photos of doors, I have hundreds of door pictures and many of them are from Gods' Houses. Today I dived into my archive and found a few Entrance and Exit images from Gods' Houses, all of which are doors!

Winchester Cathedral - Winchester, England

Tahiti, French Polynesia

St Telio's Church in St Fagans Museum - Wales

St John the Baptist - Megeve, France

Being short is an advantage in Trondheim, Norway

Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception - Castries, St Lucia

St Columbas Church of Scotland - Lerwick, Shetland Islands
One door for the sinners and one for the saints?

Porvoo Cathedral - Porvoo, Finland

One of the chapels in the Palais des Papes -Avignon, France

St Pauls Cathedral - Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Tianjin, China

Puerto Vallerto, Mexico

Saguenay, Canada

Kristiansund, Norway

Kuching, Malaysia

Manila, Philippines

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Punta del Este, Uruguay

Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Thailand

Arica, Chile

Take your pick - Muscat, Oman

Which door would you choose? Shanghai, China

Phuket, Thailand

Tokyo, Japan

Church of All Nations - Jerusalem, Israel

Stave Church (Friedenskirche) - Paamiut, Greenland

Church of Scientology - London, England

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So do I - I can't help taking photos of them

      Delete
  2. I love door photos too Jill. The UK entrances look quite intimidating. Back in the day, I would be wondering if I entered, would I get to exit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doors just beg to be photographed, and you certainly have a wonderfully broad selection here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the ornate doors, like the Manila, Philippines. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I could do an AtoZ on doors, I did one on Windows back in 2017.

      Delete
  5. Really enjoying your posts this month. So many countries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I relived so many visits while going through my photos. It's been so much fun.

      Delete
  6. Doors can be an entryway to a building or, as shown here, to a culture. I love the entryway in Tahiti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Churches in French Polynesia are often brightly coloured.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...