Friday, October 8, 2021

20 Something Snaps - A Refreshing Drop

We come out of our Covid lockdown next Monday so, as summer is on our doorsteps, I am thinking of refreshing beverages and social occasions. 

While I don't regularly drink beer, on some occasions I really enjoy an nice ice cold one. 

I don't like a heavy or wheaty beer but find light beer very refreshing on a hot humid Australian summer's day. It takes me longer to drink a glass of beer than a glass of wine so, in company, I find by drinking beer it is easier to limit my intake of alcohol. 

My Scottish genes come to the fore when travelling,  I often have a beer rather than wine with my meal because it is cheaper than wine by the glass and I get more liquid for my money. When travelling in third world countries beer is often a safer option than water, milk drinks or fruit juices that may not have been prepared in the cleanest of conditions.

Looking at each of the images here brings back memories of some of the wonderful places where I have enjoyed a cool ale. I have labelled the photos with the places where I drank them, these may not be their country of origin.

Kutna Hora, Czech Republic

Scotland

Xian, China

I didn't drink this one in Munich, Germany

This one was much better in Munich

Bucharest, Romania

Lonkot, Iceland

Sydney, Australia

Somewhere in Turkey

New York, USA

Colombia Icefield,Canada

Baltimore, USA

Monaco

Kotor, Montenegro

Copenhagen, Denmark

On Board, Costa Luminosa

Anchorage, Alaska

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fort Worth, Texas

Adelaide, South Australia

Grand Cayman

Los Angeles, California

Mumbai, India

You may also be interested in my post from last year - Hello, is it beer you're looking for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...