Tuesday, October 26, 2021

20 Something Snaps - The Rush for Seats

Unfortunately I have a problem ankle that gives me quite a deal of pain when we go exploring but, as I love visiting new places on our travels, I take some painkillers, grab my walking stick and go.

When on guided tours or wandering around large sites I love to find a SEAT (or piece of street furniture) where I can rest for a few minutes. I sometimes encourage Mr GeniAus to climb slopes and stairs to make the most of his visits while I rest, savour the environment and people watch. Passing on the walk up to the Acropolis in Athens provided me with much entertainment from my shady seat.

I am not alone in my love of seats as usually, when we are in a large group and our guide stops to explain a feature at a site, there is a rush for any seats, walls or rocks where the tourists can rest their weary or aged limbs.

My camera has captured some snaps of welcome resting places.

Seydisfjodur, Iceland

London, England

In an old cemetery in Manila, Phillipines

It was too wet to take up a seat at Beatrix Potter's Hill top Farm in Cumbria, England

These were needed after a stroll down the Champs Elysee in Paris

Not sure these seats in London were intended for tired tourists

At a temple in Thailand

Banjul, The Gambia

Stockholm, Sweden

Ghana

A good spot to watch the flamingos in Walvis Bay, Namibia

Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada

Murmansk, Russia

Kew Gardens, England

Kotor, Montenegro

Richmond Hill, England

Tirana, Albania

Some shade in Petra, Jordan

Mount Stewart near Belfast, Northern Ireland

Waiting for the tender back to the ship in Nuuk, Greenland

Venice, Italy

A beach in Roatan

Hofn, Iceland


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...