Saturday, April 13, 2013

Art Deco

On the night prior to our cruise we stayed at South Beach in Miami at Mr Geniaus' request as he was keen to have a look around the 800 or so Art Deco buildings in the Miami Beach Historic Architectural District.

As well as going for a stroll on Wednesday evening we spent a couple of hours exploring the area before boarding our cruise ship yesterday. Our cameras went with us on our excursion. Aren't the buildings just amazing.





Sympathetic loos





Some buildings even have cars to match
Building decoration


Pink and pretty

A work in progress

I was captivated by this doorway

We enjoyed our exploration so much that we will try to take The Art Deco Walking Tour when our ship returns to Miami.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great - maybe some places in Oz could take a leaf out of their book and restore some art deco buildings.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...