Monday, September 14, 2026

WeekJforJocular

Over on Bluesky Sheena, a Glaswegian living in Northern Ireland, curates a weekly photographic challenge. I have been participating in these challenges for a couple of months It gives me an opportunity to dig into my rather large snapshot archive and share a few images to the weekly theme related to a letter of the alphabet.

Last week's theme for the challenge was WeekJforJocular so I went hunting in  my archive for images that tickled my funny bone. I resisted sharing the photos I had tagged as "Funny Faces" lest I offend someone whose facial expressions had made me laugh.

I seem to have a large collection of funny signs, these media figure largely in this "J" post. I wonder if they will raise a few smiles.

Found in my Family History files. Column 8 was a regular column in our morning newspaper - The Sydney Morning Herald, R J Ball is closely related to me.

A Dangerous Course - Bellata, Australia

Remember Covid? A warning from Australia

One of two messages in a Bakery - Inverness, Scotland

Two  of two messages in a Bakery - Inverness, Scotland

Be like a Chicken - Edinburgh, Scotland 

Lions Club on  King Island, Australia working at the local show 2024

No Heavenly messages here in Copenhagen

From one Snowboarder to another - Tomamu, Japan 20232


Two boys having fun c.1984 . How my kids enjoyed themselves before there were screens.

Another treasure from the family archive c. 1988.

Hold up - London 2023

Choices - Helsinki, Finland 2016

When Mrs Doubtfire came to town London 2024.
The show was full of laughs.

I know what I prefer - Toronto, New South Wales

Smiles from the Soviets - Murmask, Russia 2015

Something Missing? Lucca, Italy 2022

Nice Pins - Bratislava, Slovakia 2013

Comogli, Italy 2019

Fun at the Country Show in Singleton Australia 2025
FYI Dagwood Dogs are an Australian Delicacy

Escapee from the Cathedral? - Salisbury,England 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...