So I managed to read nine books in August - one more than my tally for July. And I managed that by reading very short and disappointing works by Margaret Atwood and Colm Toibin. I also blame National Family History Month where I presented at some events and listened to quite a few webinars. Then there was the guest blog post that took a few hours.
At least I am now only two books behind schedule. The good news is that I have a few partially read titles that may help my September tally (if I finish them).
I really enjoyed my first Sarah Clutton novel set in Tasmania and a further two titles by Louis Scarr. I'm pleased there are several Scarrs available through Libby.
Thanks to my granddaughter for suggesting Replaceable You, I had loved Mary Roach's book Stiff so took Em's advice and purchased the eBook of Replaceable You. I'm now on the hunt for more of Mary's works. They don't feature in the collections of libraries near me or in their Libby collections - I can see my birthday book voucher being put to use if I can't source them elsewhere. Must try Brotherhood Books first.










No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.
Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.