Thursday, June 23, 2022

Riding on the Mail Train

Not far from our accommodation in Kings Cross was the Mail Rail. Once a method by which the mail was transported under London on  a network of small trains this system has been reborn as a tourist attraction. We visited this site yesterday and followed it up with a visit to the Postal Museum across the road. 

I would highly recommend this unique attraction where one has a short train trip complemented by audio-visual and static displays.

Trains stabled ready for action

Audiovisual Display

Audiovisual Display

Original tunnels





A former station where mail was dropped off

It's a cosy ride

Passengers ready for their ride

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...