Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Nautical Neighbour

When I looked out into the backyard this morning I saw some chaps working on a mooring and another fellow in a kayak chatting with them. I thought they were working on the mooring for a little boat named "Pearl" that has been absent for a while.

Man in kayak having a chat with the mooring workers

I went around my business for the rest of the day and didn't venture outside until the late afternoon light created some nice reflections on the Lake. Phone in hand I started taking a few photos and, when I looked right, spotted something that wasn't there this morning.

Something new in the backyard

I spotted something new in the backyard. I realised that the mooring I saw getting attention this morning was a new one, a bit closer to our home than "Pearl's". Attached to the mooring was a new little sailing boat. Perhaps it belongs to the man I saw in the kayak this morning. 
 
Lovely afternoon reflection of our new nautical neighbour


I love watching the comings and goings in our quiet corner of Lake Macquarie. There is something new that attracts my interest each day.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view!

    Our Prime Years - Life in Tennessee
    DB McNicol - author | traveler | shutterbug
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Photographs
    Hopping thru my day - Personal Thoughts, Memories, & Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...