Wednesday, May 3, 2023

In Anno Itinerantur - A Winner

My theme this year's challenge was In Anno Itinerantur in which I planned to share photos and stories from our travels between April 2022 and March 2023. 

Having completed the challenge I can proudly display the 2023 Winner's Trophy on my blog.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 Winner
AtoZ Challenge Trophy

In the past year since travel opened up for Australians Robert and I took several journeys at home and overseas. While I posted many photos of these adventures on Facebook I wanted to leave a more permanent record of some of our adventures. This challenge provided me with opportunities to share my photos and stories while recording some personal history. 

While this exercise was time consuming I was able to complete it without much stress because I got off to any early start. I missed the date for the Theme Reveal but got started on my planning in mid March. I set up a spreadsheet to manage my posts, created a template for my posts and then created a draft for each letter of the alphabet. As always the X and Z posts were the greatest challenges, I had so many changes of mind and redrafts for them.

When April 1 came around I had completed and scheduled ten posts and had more underway so it was easy to keep up. I was even able to take a few days off to concentrate on the family over Easter.

Although sourcing the many photographs for my posts was time consuming it was an enjoyable activity through which I was able to relive some memorable moments. Having metadata (tags) attached to my photos made the task of retrieval easier than if I would have had to scroll through thousands of images. 

During the month I followed some of my blogging mates by reading and commenting on their challenge posts. I was delighted to find some new-to-me Australian bloggers and a couple of bibliophiles from over the seas. I have added their blogs to my blog roll. Time is our constant enemy as reading and commenting on posts is time-consuming. 

One small dilemma I have is that two of the blogs I followed have spelling errors on their blog headers. Should I send the bloggers a gentle message alerting them to this or leave it be? 

Will I enter the challenge again? Over the years I have taken up the challenge if I am at home. So a  2024 commitment depends on our travel schedule. I already have several ideas that I am considering some related to our planned travels in the next 12 months. 

Finally congratulations to everyone who attempted or completed the challenge and thanks to the team of volunteers at The April Blogging from A to Z  Challenge for organising and curating this event for the international blogging community.

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely glad to have encountered you on the A-Z and look forward to your future posts/

    Our Prime Years - Life in Tennessee
    DB McNicol - author | traveler | shutterbug
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Photographs
    Hopping thru my day - Personal Thoughts, Memories, & Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your A-to-Z 2023 accomplishment. X and Z posts were a challenge for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely alert bloggers to spelling errors.

    Congratulations on completing the challenge. It has been fun to see all your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...