Friday, May 5, 2023

Elderly Bikies

Yesterday we made use of a Christmas voucher for a 2 hour tour in the Hunter Valley. It was on a motor bike/trike with Hunter Trikes. What a super gift it was.

Both Robert and I enjoyed the exhilarating experience of riding through the Hunter Valley, a premium Australian wine region which is less than an hour from our home. That it was a glorious autumn day added our overall delight.

I took over one hundred photos and videos during our tour some of which I will share below.

Our adventure kicked off at Hunter Trikes in Lovedale where we were fitted out with helmets and given  safety instructions and information about our ride. I was a trifle anxious but was quickly put at ease by our guide and driver, Darren. 

Safety gear

On board

Once ready we set off for a half hour's ride past many of the vineyards in the area. It was a comfortable, breezy ride which provided stunning, uninterrupted views.

Off we go

We passed a few locals along the way

Hunter vines

Darren took several photos of the bikies when we stopped

Our stop was at the delightful Tintilla Estate where we enjoyed a wine tasting and grazing platter while drinking in the sweeping views across the vineyard. Our host, John, chatted with us about winegrowing in general and the wines from Tintilla. 

Tintilla Estate

Tasting and Grazing

Pleasant outlook

Tintilla Produce

Vines at Tintilla
Having demolished the nibblies and sampling the wine it was back on the bike/trike for a scenic ride back to Lovedale.

Elderly Bikies at Tintilla

We were in good hands.

We would both recommend Darren and Hunter Trikes for a spin around the valley.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic time and wow, what a big trike! We have a Harley-Davidson trike and I'm the passenger now but can only go for 2 hour or shorter trips. I gave up riding my own two-wheel motorcycle in 2015. Sniff...I miss it.

    Our Prime Years - Life in Tennessee
    DB McNicol - author | traveler | shutterbug
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Photographs
    Hopping thru my day - Personal Thoughts, Memories, & Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't been on a motor bike since the 1960s!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...