Thursday, January 27, 2022

We're free

 Although we were able to come out of isolation on Tuesday we decided to extend our time in quarantine "to be sure, to be sure." While I have graciously allowed Robert to invade my quarters upstairs we are keeping our distance for yet another day. The government instructions suggested that for the first days after isolation we should wear masks, we thought it easier to stay apart than mask up.

The good news is that Robert has emerged from his bout of Covid unscathed and I managed to avoid an infection. After his sore throat departed he was well enough to get outside and do some tidying up in the garden. He also spent some considerable time sorting through his stamp collection and he was able to watch the cricket on TV without having my complaints.

Most of these are in the stamp collection (image Pixabay)

While I tried to do a bit of decrapifying in my study and wardrobe I failed but I enjoyed watching the tennis, filling some holes in our family trees and reading until the wee hours. 

While we were isolating Robert got the offer of a few weeks work in a country town in north-western New South Wales. As the job comes with a house I am looking forward to joining him as I have never previously visited the area. 

I'm sure I'll find some cemeteries and museums to visit while Robert has his nose to the grindstone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...