Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Few Bangs

Life in isolation - Day 6

Last night I had just settled down in bed to watch Alex De Minaur's match at the Ausopen (with my eBook as backup for ad breaks and change of ends).

It was at an exciting time in the match when I heard a few bangs. Curiosity got the better of me so I grabbed the phone and went out on the deck to see what was doing in the backyard.
 
I'd forgotten that the local Australia Day fireworks were on in the backyard (the weekend closest to the day). They aren't as grand as the Sydney NYE display but the excited reactions from children in neighbouring backyards indicate they were well received.
 
It was a nice surprise to relieve the monotony of isolation.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...