Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Reading Challenges 2023

Last year I enjoyed participating in the Goodwill Librarian's Reading Challenge. I really enjoyed this activity which forced me to read a set number of books, many of which were outside my comfort zone.

You can read my challenge reports here.

I was all fired up for another year of the challenge but could not find it online so I went searching for alternatives.

I devoted a bit of time to finding challenges and signed up for two hosted by the Aussie Readers' Community at Goodreads. My aim is to read some of the books on my "To be Read" Pile.


A Section of my To Be Read pile


The first is Aussie Readers' A - Z Annual Challenge - Follow the Clues!

In this challenge there is a list of 26 prompts, one for each letter of the alphabet, that can be read in any order. From time to time I will share progress reports on this blog.

The Second Challenge is Aussie Readers' Annual Challenge 2023 - Calendar of Books

I have opted for the Hard Challenge

Hard Challenge. (24 books - minimum 6 Australian Authors) Do both Titles PLUS Authors, choosing a book for each month where the first letter of the author's christian or surname is the same as the month.
e.g. January. James Patterson
February. Nicci French
March. Michael Connelly

and the title that starts with the same letter as the month

e.g. January. Justice for Sara
February. Forty Words for Sorrow
March. Mistake Creek

While I am on track for both of these challenges I haven't had time to blog my progress due to our recent gallivanting in Japan and the Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...