Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Touch of Germany in Chatswood?

 Last night in Chatswood we had a lovely post dance concert celebration dinner with a large family group. 

Of course our two granddaughters were stars of the show at the Concourse, kudos also the the organisers who produced a slick show at the family friendly time of 4pm. 

For our dinner we adjourned to The Bavarian Chatswood a family friendly restaurant not too far from the theatre. We had a super time chatting about the performances and revelling in the excitement of our two dancers. 

What struck me was that some of the items on the "German inspired" menu didn't reflect my memories of beer cafes and restaurants I'd visited in Germany. It was interesting that I, and the three people around me, ordered that German staple "YOUR ALL-TIME FAVOURITE PARMI: Golden crumbed chicken, prager ham, mozzarella, napolitana".  I added some authenticity to my serve with a potato salad accompaniment while the others chose fries!

The huge serving was hot and delicious but was too much for my delicate appetite! I'm sure that today Paddy will enjoy the half of the schnitzel that I wrapped in a few napkins and brought home for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...