Thursday, March 24, 2022

And Covid came along...

 I was looking forward to a weekend of family events but my plans have been dashed by Covid.

Last weekend we travelled down to Sydney to see a grandson in his school musical. We had a super time starting with a nice Chinese meal with the family then we drove together to the school. As a cast member had tested positive to Covid our Grandson was elevated to a leading role, in "School of Rock". We were brimming with pride especially when he performed his drum solos. As it was a late evening we stayed the night with the family. 





Next day our son kindly delivered me a morning cup of coffee with the news that one of the grandkids was feeling poorly. We packed our gear and made a hasty escape in case it was Covid. We are pleased that this five year old has now had several negative tests. On Sunday evening our son called to say that one of the other family members was feeling poorly and subsequently tested positive on a RAT. By last night another member of that family had tested positive.

I usually have a runny nose and a bit of a cough so I didn't feel much different to normal. I thought I may have escaped the dreaded bug but, as I was to be in contact with several family members in coming days, I went along for a PCR test. My result was POSITIVE!

I am so sorry that I am missing my Aunt/Godmother's funeral tomorrow, my granddaughter's 21st birthday dinner tomorrow evening and on Saturday a trip to Sydney for dinner  and  to see "School of Rock" again with another offspring and her family. We were to be joined by my better half who is away in the country but I suggested he now keep his distance.

All but one of our five families has now been touched by Covid, I pray that the rest of our crew keep dodging the bullets. I'm so grateful that we are all fully vaccinated. 

Meanwhile my fingers are crossed that I have a mild dose and can use my time in isolation to chase a few more ancestors.

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Jill. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. One day done, just another six to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How disappointing Jill. I hope you’re not too ill. Rest up and take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pauleen and Jennifer, it came along at an inconvenient time but good to get it over with, Hope it gives me extra immunity from further bouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame, but glad you got to see your grandson in his musical and star role. You really are a trooper to still get your GSQ blog done, and it’s a beautie, I’m looking forward to seeing what comments it draws :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...