Sunday, March 27, 2022

21 years ago today

Way back in time before I started blogging and before Facebook came along I used a family website to record significant events in our family's history. As my hoarding gene includes hoarding digital assets I am able to share screenshots from that now defunct website.

The most significant happy event in 2001 was the arrival of our precious first grandchild, Emily Elizabeth on the 27th March. Emily, prior to your imminent birth I remember driving up the motorway from Sydney to be ready for our first meeting. There was such anticipation followed by unbridled joy after we got the call to come and meet you. Following are snips from a few of the web pages I posted during your first year.




It is interesting to note that those pages were produced by Granny. When Emily found her voice she renamed me Gummy.

Emily and the eleven grandchildren who followed her have given their BobBob and Gummy much joy. Our lives have been enriched by our tribe of twelve amazing young Australians.

Due to my Covid situation I cannot celebrate personally with Emily so today I am celebrating in  a trip down memory lane courtesy of my huge digital photo collections. As I wander I am recalling so many fab family times we have shared.

We are so proud of you and your achievements, energy and commitment Emily. BobBob and I send congratulations and much love as you forge your future path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...