Thursday, November 21, 2019

Mummy Museum

 21 November 2019

Today we drove from Arica in Chile through the desert to visit a marvellous museum, Museo Arqueologico San Miguel de Azapa, which holds some of the oldest mummies in the world. We passed a few interesting sites along the way but the Mummies were the highlight of my day.

There were many instances of political and protest slogans in Arica

A Sports Field

These representations of Llamas on the hillside are said to be 1,000 yea
rs old!!!

There were some arable areas along the way...

and a lot of desert


There were many displays that didn't feature Mummies



Mummies

Mummy


Back in town we visited a viewpoint...

...and passed the local beach on the way back to the ship







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...