Friday, November 16, 2018

Sanctuary Chief's Camp

A highlight of our stay at Sanctuary Chief's Camp in Botswana was a helicopter sightseeing trip over the Okanvango Delta. As this was only the second time I had been on a helicopter I was doubly excited. Our guide was a young Irishman who had spent a considerable piloting helicopters in Australia.

The vistas were exceptional and the flight exhilarating. Our flight was during the dry season, I hope that one day we can return and repeat the experience in the wet season. 









I was in  the co-pilot's seat














Our Guide waited patiently to return us to our camp

Two adventurers safely back on Terra Firma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...