Over on Bluesky
Sheena, a Glaswegian living in Northern Ireland, curates a weekly photographic challenge.I have been participating in these challenges for a couple of months It gives me an opportunity to dig into my rather large snapshot archive and share a few images to the weekly theme related to a letter of the alphabet.
Last week's theme for the challenge was WeekGforGrand. It was more of a challenge to find images for this challenge as I do not add a "Grand" tag when I add metadata to my images. I knew I had manyphotos of the Grand Canal but they were hidden among the many images I have from several trips to Venice.
Here are the Grand snaps I shared :
 |
| Twelve of the best - GRANDchildren - Tomamu, Japan 2023 |
 |
| The Grand Victory off the coast of South Carolina in 2013 |
 |
| A Dip with the Stingrays - Grand Cayman 2013 |
 |
| A rather grand tomb for The Duke of Wellington. St.Paul's Cathedral, London 2023 |
 |
| Sunset over the grand plains in Arnhem Land, Australia 2024 |
 |
| Grand Hotel - Torquay, UK 2024 |
 |
| Inside and |
 |
Outside The Grand Bazaar - Istanbul, Turkey 2022
|
 |
| Paris, France 2024 |
 |
Nature puts our importance into perspective - Grand Canyon 2012 |
 |
| A Grand Organ - Czestochowa, Poland 2012 |
Dug into the family archives for this one. Heading towards the Grand Canal 1983
 |
| The Magnificent sails of Sydney's Opera House all dressed up for the Vivid Festival. 2013 |
 |
| Cobh, Ireland 2022 |
 |
| It was a gloomy day in Murmansk Russia when we visited the Aloysha Monument 2015 |
 |
| Astoria Grande berthed in Istanbul, Turkey 2024 |
 |
| The Library of Celsus - Ephesus, Turkey 2022 |
 |
Spotted this Grand Hotel on a hairy taxi ride in Mumbai, India 2026
|
 |
| A more glitzy Grand Hotel - Bordeaux, France 1925 |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.
Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.