Thursday, December 28, 2023

122 Titles

Reading Challenge Completed 

Following on my success in the 2022 Reading Challenge I set myself a goal of 120 titles to read in 2023. 

When travelling I don't read as much as when I'm at home because I give exploring our destinations priority over my reading. By October I was behind in the challenge and then I found myself sick in hospital so I set a more reasonable goal of 110 titles.

I didn't get back into reading until I was recovering in November. All of a sudden I found I had reaches my goal and I'm thrilled I have met my original target of 120. If I can manage to read one more book in the remaining three days of the year I will match my 2023 target of 123 titles (I may even slip in a few picture books to pass that number). 

I'm chuffed.

2023 Reading Challenge
2023 READING
CHALLENGE
Participants7,891,810
Books Pledged340,881,962
Avg. Books Pledged43
Time Left4 days, 4 hours

You have read 122 of 110 books in 2023.
YOUR 2023 BOOKS
  • The Collector by Daniel Silva
  • The Watchful Wife by Suzanne Leal
  • Voices in the Dark by Fleur McDonald
  • The Raging Storm by Ann Cleeves
  • The Library by Bella Osborne
  • The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
  • Cold Enough for Snow by Jessica Au
  • The Dragon Man by Garry Disher
  • Bee Miles by Rose Ellis
  • Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
  • The Library by Bella Osborne
  • The Lost Girls by Ava Benny-Morrison
  • Behind the Seams by Esme Young
  • Blood Moon by Garry Disher
  • The Conversion by Amanda Lohrey
  • Her Sunburnt Country by Deborah Fitzgerald
  • All the Broken Places by John Boyne
  • In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Sloth Who Came to Stay by Margaret Wild
  • Stone Yard Devotional by Charlotte  Wood
  • Another Life by Kristin Hannah
  • Chai Time at Cinnamon Gardens by Shankari Chandran
  • A Woman of Courage by Tania Blanchard
  • An Uncommon Hangman by Rachel  Franks
  • Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See
  • Ruby Roars by Margaret Wild
  • Minnie by Marianne van Velzen
  • Restless Dolly Maunder by Kate Grenville
  • The Lost Jewels by Kirsty Manning
  • The Accidental Duchess by Emma Manners Rutland
  • The Paris Mystery by Kirsty Manning
  • French Exit by Patrick deWitt
  • Family history for beginners & beyond by Danny O’Neill
  • The Elephant by Peter Carnavas
  • A Question of Belief by Donna Leon
  • Violet Kelly and the Jade Owl by Fiona Britton
  • The Hidden Book by Kirsty Manning
  • The Bookbinder of Jericho by Pip Williams
  • The Deserter's Tale by Nathan Dylan Goodwin
  • Never Work With Animals by Gareth Steel
  • H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton
  • The Last Daughter by Brenda Matthews
  • The Way We Were in the 1950's by John Abberley
  • Reaching Through Time by Shauna Bostock
  • Bats at the Library by Brian Lies
  • Traditions of Death and Burial by Helen Frisby
  • Tell No One by Brendan Watkins
  • The Fancies by Kim Lock
  • Growing Grapes Might be Fun by Deirdre Macken
  • The Bear Who Went Boo! by David Walliams
  • Not Cool by Jules Brown
  • Lonely Planet Wales by Peter Dragicevich
  • The Windsor Knot by S.J.  Bennett
  • Librarian Tales by William Ottens
  • Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
  • A History of English Place Names and Where They Came From by John Moss
  • The Last Of The Bonegilla Girls by Victoria Purman
  • That Bligh Girl by Sue      Williams
  • Rosetta by Alexandra Joel
  • Return to Valetto by Dominic Smith
  • The White Lady by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Second Mrs. Astor by Shana Abe
  • Our Dog Knows Words by Peter Gouldthorpe
  • Precious and the Monkeys by Alexander McCall Smith
  • The Pride by Tony Park
  • This Side of Murder by Anna Lee Huber
  • One by Jamie Oliver
  • Wartime at Bletchley Park by Molly Green
  • The Secret of Ardnish by Angus  MacDonald
  • Ardnish by Angus  MacDonald
  • Alfie's Big Wish by David Hardy
  • Enid Blyton by Barbara Stoney
  • Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow by Paul Gallico
  • Death at the Belvedere by Sue    Williams
  • Peony by Pearl S. Buck
  • Dirt Town by Hayley Scrivenor
  • Flesh and Blood by Stephen McGann
  • The Space Between the Stars by Indira Naidoo
  • Murder at the Serpentine Bridge by Andrea Penrose
  • The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
  • The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
  • A Migrating Bird by Elif Shafak
  • The Book Woman's Daughter by Kim Michele Richardson
  • It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
  • The Mountains Sing by Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai
  • The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth
  • The Little Girl Who Could Not Cry by Lidia Maksymowicz
  • Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Accidental Archivist by Angela Bier
  • The Other Side of the Coin by Angela   Kelly
  • Murder in Williamstown by Kerry Greenwood
  • The Wonderful World of James Herriot by James Herriot
  • All Mixed Up by Jason Om
  • The Girl in His Shadow by Audrey  Blake
  • The War Librarian by Addison Armstrong
  • Flesh Wounds by Richard Glover
  • The French Agent by Belinda Alexandra
  • The Map Thief by Michael Blanding
  • The Unheard by Nicci French
  • The Crimson Thread by Kate Forsyth
  • The Personal Assistant by Kimberly Belle
  • The Blackout Book Club by Amy Lynn Green
  • My Dream Time by Ash Barty
  • The Cellar by Minette Walters
  • F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton
  • E is for Evidence by Sue Grafton
  • London's No 1. Dog-Walking Agency by Kate MacDougall
  • The Highland Girls at War by Helen  Yendall
  • Night Shift by Robin Cook
  • All My Mothers by Joanna Glen
  • Bulldozed by Niki Savva
  • Just Another Week in Suburbia by Les Zig
  • The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
  • Summer in the City by Fiona   Collins
  • Day's End by Garry Disher
  • Interned by Pamela Rushby
  • The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle
  • The Magdalen Girls by V.S. Alexander
  • C Is for Corpse by Sue Grafton
  • Salonika Burning by Gail Jones
  • The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill for your list. I have read several of yours and have just added some new ones to my 2024 list, from your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lilian. Happy reading in 2024.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...