Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Breaking the Drought

One of my favourite pastimes is heading to bed early with a good book.

Although I was confined to bed I just didn't feel like reading when I was in hospital for 24 long days in October. I didn't manage to read many books and thus fell behind in my Goodreads Reading Challenge. While in hospital my head was woozy from the pain medications and, with canulas in each arm so I couldn't hold a book,  conditions for reading were a challenge.

I only managed to read four books in October (two of them before I was admitted to hospital.)

The Lost Jewels
3.87
Remove from my books
The Accidental Duchess: From Farmer's Daughter to Belvoir Castle
4.09

Remove from my books
The Paris Mystery (Charlotte 'Charlie' James, #1)
3.48

Remove from my books
French Exit
3.55

As a result I adjusted my reading goal of 120 titles in 2023 down to 110 titles. 

After leaving hospital on 30 October I found myself in an environment that was conducive to breaking the reading drought. With little else to do I have read 12 titles in November and am on track to complete the reading challenge by the end of 2023. 

From Goodreads:

You have read 106 of 110 books in 2023.
MY NOVEMBER BOOKS
  • All the Broken Places by John Boyne
  • In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Sloth Who Came to Stay by Margaret Wild
  • Stone Yard Devotional by Charlotte Wood
  • Another Life by Kristin Hannah
  • Chai Time at Cinnamon Gardens by Shankari Chandran
  • A Woman of Courage by Tania Blanchard
  • An Uncommon Hangman by Rachel  Franks
  • Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See
  • Ruby Roars by Margaret Wild
  • Minnie by Marianne van Velzen
  • Restless Dolly Maunder by Kate Grenville

3 comments:

  1. More books for my TBR pile Jill. I like John Boyne so adding him to my list. Good to see you up and at it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave the John Boyne 5 stars - I had to keep reading.

      Delete
  2. Jill that was me posting as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...