Monday, July 4, 2022

Wandering in Wales

Slowly, slowly I'm recording some highlights of our recent holiday. Although I am writing these posts after the event I am predating them to the days they occurred. 

When we docked in Holyhead, Wales we were collected by our friends, Lillian and Ian and taken on a tour around the Isle of Anglesey before heading to their local pub for a traditional British meal. They took us back for coffee and cake at their beautiful new home with its panoramic views before delivering us back to the ship. 

It was wonderful to have a respite from the ship's excursions and to catch up with friends we had met on a cruise several years ago.

We firstly stretched our legs in Beaumaris.

Display in the Garden Centre


Local claim

The last stop for many people in Anglesey

The Pier

Too cold for swimming

Fundraising

We passed on a Beaumaris castle tour as we are seeing many other castles on this trip

After a scenic drive through Snowdonia we reached the pub at Colwyn Bay where we tucked into our meals of sausages and beef pie. 






Our last stop was at our friends house, they were anxious to show us this new abode they had built since our last visit. The views from their home are spectacular.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...