Thursday, September 23, 2021

On the Water

23 September 2021

When Mr GeniAus suggested that we take the boat out for a spin this morning I immediately agreed. We have intended to go out for the past several days now that the weather is warmer  but, as the wind has been whipping up the waves, we have stayed put at home.  This morning the conditions were right.  I noted that some of the neighbours had a similar idea today.

The neighbours returning from their cruise.

It only took me a few minutes to grab my boat bag and Paddy and meet Mr GeniAus on our jetty. It's good to be able to have an outing during our Covid19 lockdown. We started with a slow run around Carey Bay so that I could have a good look at the neighbours' houses and see if there were any changes since I last went out in May.

Is that a new pergola?

Lots happening here

I don't know what that crane is doing

Looks like work has stalled here

Quite a facelift here

We then ventured further out in the Lake. While we sailed around I took notice of the many boats we passed, most of them were stationary. In contrast to what we see on the weekend there were just a few boats actually out moving on the water. There were a few lone fishermen casting lines and two chaps in a tinny hooning along at great speed. I only spotted one vessel under sail. 

Young chaps hooning along

Fisherman 1 

Fisherman 2

When I agreed that Mr GeniAus could have his head and gather a little bit of speed he took one wave head on and Paddy (a nervous sailor who likes to sit on my lap) and I got a lovely salt water soaking.

Paddy, the nervous sailor likes to ride on my lap

I needed a change of clothes when I reached home

In spite of my soaking (Mr GeniAus was apologetic - he didn't mean to do it) we both had a splendid time on the water and look forward to more explorations on the Lake during the warmer months. 

A Contented Captain




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jill, I can almost smell the salt spray and feel the wind in my hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much for commenting on my post Michelle. People don't seem to comment directly on posts these days.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...