Friday, September 24, 2021

La Palma

When we heard about the volcanic eruptions on La Palma I dived into my photo folder to look at the photos we had taken during our round island tour on 1 December 2018. 

Our tour took us half way round this beautiful island to a reasonably unpopulated area area on the coast where there was much evidence of previous lava flows. Unfortunately the following photos I have of those landscapes were taken from the window of a fast moving bus so are of very poor quality.






I hope that the current lava flow is going in that same direction and is staying away from the towns we visited.  El Paso on the middle of the island is where we visited a silk museum

Our ship was berthed in Santa Cruz de La Palma, a beautiful old town on the other side of the island. Some snaps of Santa Cruz de la Palma, the Island's capital follow.

A Flag in Santa Cruz de La Palma in front of volcanic rock

The cliff behind this building is composed of volcanic rock






I took this photo from a vantage point above Santa Cruz de La Palma



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...