Monday, December 9, 2019

First Steps

After a day and a half of smooth sailing across the Drake Passage from Ushuaia we spied some icebergs.

Today we took our first steps on Antarctic soil pebbles at Yankee Harbour where we were greeted by several representatives of the local wildlife. 

It was cold but we were quite snug in all our protective gear I was able to get around with the assistance of my walking poles. My greatest fear was falling out of the Zodiac in which we travelled from the Scenic Eclipse to our landing spot but, thanks to the care and consideration of the crew, I had a dry landing.












Rugged up and supported by the walking poles


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...