Friday, December 7, 2018

Maison des Esclaves

Our tour today was to "UNFORGETTABLE GOREE ISLAND Visit the unforgettable and notorious Goree Island off the coast of Dakar, where countless captured Africans were held before being shipped to the New World as slaves."

The first site we visited on the island in Senegal was the Slave House, a place from which slaves were shipped to the new world during four centuries.

It provided a sobering start to our tour.





The door through which slaves were loaded onto ships

Accommodation for slaves

Accommodation for slaves

Ventilation

Tour Guide

Monument outside the Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...