I have fallen behind in the GoodReads Reading challenge. I read nine books in May before and on the first few days of our recent cruise.
Of my May reads I enjoyed and learnt so much about recent Sydney history in The Man who couldn't wait: the true story of Australia's first political assassination. While I found the content in The Kerry Girls most interesting I found it a drag to read, perhaps it needed more editing.
Towards the end of the cruise I fell ill with pneumonia and, on disembarkation, was admitted to hospital in Cape Town, South Africa. While I had a lot of potential reading time on my hands conditions there prevented me from using it to read. One arm was hooked up to a drip, the other arm was tied by leads to a beeping monitor and I was masked in regular sessions on a nebuliser so I couldn't easily read a real book or an eBook on my phone. I could have tried audio books but I couldn't be bothered.
After getting out of hospital and unhooked from gadgets I read four books in June. I found the true crime story London Falling unputdownable and A Land Rover named Lucy a most readable and humourous travel tale.













hi
ReplyDeleteXuper TV is usually where I head when I want to unwind, but reading your update made me realize how quickly life can throw a wrench into your plans. Falling behind on a reading goal is totally fine when you have to deal with a serious illness like pneumonia while traveling. Glad you got through that rough hospital stay in Cape Town, and hopefully, you can get back to your books soon.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had an incredibly stressful end to your cruise vacation, especially being hooked up to all those medical monitors and drips. If you are looking for a straightforward, fast way to stream global entertainment or casual channels without dealing with slow menus after catching up on your favorite blogs, checking out Xuper TV App gives you a highly responsive setup that works right away.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate finding a personal diary blog that just loads the text instantly instead of freezing my mobile phone browser with heavy video ads and constant layout shifts. Reading these real-life updates is so much better when the site is clean, and launching Xuper TV Apk Latest Version gives you that exact same lightweight, lag-free speed whenever you want to stream media at home.
ReplyDeleteTrying to manage a book challenge on your phone is nearly impossible when you are dealing with nebulizer sessions and medical equipment. That history book about Sydney sounds fascinating, even if the other read was a bit of a drag to get through. I am about to log off the computer, grab a quick snack, and load up Xuper TV Descargar APK to see what live streams are playing tonight. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI found this article genuinely interesting because it explains the topic in a simple and engaging way. The ideas are presented clearly, making it easy for readers to understand and connect with the message. It's always refreshing to come across content that encourages thoughtful discussion instead of just providing basic information. Thank you for sharing your insights. When I want to relax after reading blogs like this, I usually visit Xuper TV APK Download for a smooth and enjoyable entertainment experience.
ReplyDeleteThis was a well-written and informative post. I appreciate the effort that went into explaining the subject with clarity while keeping the content easy to read. Articles like this help readers gain a better understanding and encourage meaningful conversations in the comments section. Looking forward to reading more of your future posts. During my free time, I also enjoy streaming through baixar youcine no celular, which has provided a simple and reliable viewing experience.
ReplyDelete