Saturday, September 30, 2023

Booklovers' Quiz

I found this in my memories today and decided to devote a few minutes to a self assessment. 

Prior to commencing I visited the compiler's website and discovered that she is an American author.


I'm typing out the questions so, I invite YOU, my bookaholic friends to copy them and play along. Please let me know if you do.

Here's my self-assessment

1. Read the first chapter of a book in a bookstore
More than once.

2. Bought a book in a bookstore
Getting out without buying a book is a challenge.

3. Stayed up all night to finish a book
Not as often as I did when I was younger.

4. Bought a book you already owned
In the olden days, yes. Now I check Goodreads or Librarything accounts to make sure I haven't read it.

5. Keep track of the books you've read
Goodreads or Librarything.

6. Read more than 20 hours per week
Yes, when I am home. Sometimes travelling gets in the way of my reading habit.

7. Used a receipt as a bookmark
Tickets, Tissues, Receipts, Brochures - whatever is at hand.

8. Follow more than ten authors on social media
Nope.

9. A dog-eared book page makes you cringe
Yes, I can always find a bookmark.

10. Own more than 300 books
Too frightened to count

11. Sniffed a new book before reading
Part of the reading ritual, one of my fave smells

12. Bought a new book without reading the description
Rarely judge a book by its cover.

13.  Cried due to the death of a fictional character
I'm a hard nut but have been driven to tears.

14. Would rather read than go to a party
Depends on the party.

15. Own a piece of clothing declaring your love of reading
Nope.

2 comments:

  1. Mostly I read straight through but if not I’ll use whatever’s to hand, as you do. I still stay up late to read to the end. Can’t recall crying over a character but often left reflecting on events for hours. I dabble in a bookshop rather than read a whole chapter.

    My books are mostly (haha) in LibraryThing, read8ng in Good reads, and ebooks on my Kindle app or Amazon.

    Pauleen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...