Saturday, September 10, 2022

A Royal Occasion

While reflecting on regal matters this morning I remembered attending, back in 1981, a 21st birthday celebration for one of our young neighbours, Kathryn. She had decreed that all guests at the event wear fancy dress.

It so happened that another neighbour, Rosemary, had a fancy dress hire business and offered to dress us for the occasion. Rosemary who decreed that we should go as the Royal Couple, Elizabeth and Phillip, dressed us accordingly. The function venue, Keiron at Waverley, with its chandeliers, flocked wallpaper and starched tablecloths provided an appropriate environment for the occasion. 

This morning I dug into our photo archives and found a couple of snaps from the occasion. 


The Royal Wave



2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...