Sunday, June 20, 2021

Float your Boat 2021

We haven't watched the Annual Float your Boat parade on Lake Macquarie since 2018, I blogged about that event here. The parade did not take place last year due to Covid so I was pleased to see that it was planned for this year.


We invited two young granddaughters and their Mum to join us on Friday evening for the viewing of this event that passes by our backyard. We were so fortunate that the weather was clear and not too cold for the boats to sail around the western side of the lake. Unfortunately the sail around the eastern side the next evening was cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

As it was dark we couldn't see fellow spectators along the Lake but there appeared to be quite a crowd. It was wonderful to see and hear the joyful shrieks and comments from the many youngsters who were watching the flotilla. Our little ladies certainly enjoyed the spectacle and agreed that the caterpillar boat, that looked very much like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, was their favourite. My faves were the Caterpillar, the simple Sydney Opera House and the Guitar.

Our photos of the boats are rather poor but I'll still post some as a reminder of the fantastic time we had. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...