Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Sandy Stockton

One of our dear friends sailed into Newcastle, our regional city, yesterday on a mega cruise ship. We took the opportunity to pick him up from the ship and show him some of the local sights. As he had visited Newcastle and the Hunter Valley several times we had to think of some new places to visit.

The megaship which dominated the Harbour photographed from Stockton
As our visitor and I had never been to Stockton which is on the north side of Newcastle Harbour we started our explorations there. This suburb, which has water on three sides, is so close to Newcastle via a short ferry hop across the Harbour but is a 20km drive by road. 

The beach and sand dunes stretch for several miles north

A cargo ship entering th Harbour

The locals care for their environment

The local historical society is active

Stockton has a sheltered beach suitable for families
I was impressed by the natural beauty of the Stockton area and will put it on the itinerary for future visitors to our area. If the weather is kind we will take the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...