Thursday, December 3, 2015

For my Catholic Mates

 3 December 2015

Especially for my Catholic mates: The highlight of our visit to Goa in India was a visit to the Bom Jesus Basilica where St Francis Xavier's body lies in a glass coffin inside a silver coffin. Every ten years and on other rare occasions the glass coffin is removed from the silver one and pilgrims are able to visit and view the body. Our visit coincided with one of these occasions. 

We were privileged to be able to join the pilgrims.

The Basilica

Several outside areas were set up for Mass


St Francis Xavier's coffin

A close up of the Saint

The coffin is stored on high

As we exited there was a French Mass in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...