Friday, December 11, 2015

A Day in Dar

11 December 2015

Our tour today was "A GLIMPSE OF DAR ES SALAAM." Our first stop was Mnazi Moja Park followed by a tour of Mwenge Carvers' market where craftsmen were working on ebony carvings. We then visited a gallery devoted to Tinga Tinga, a colourful form of art unique to East Africa. There was then a change of focus at the Village Museum where we learnt more about the culture of the 120 different indigenous tribes. Finally before heading back to the ship we stopped off at the National Museum. 

Sail in
















Western influence

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...